More dying, this time some kid mohair. It really looks like the sky above our little house right now.
Since it is raining and I feel somewhat reflective, here is a little q and a.
48 Things You Could Care Less About
1. FIRST NAME? Amy
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Yes, the Amy in the book Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? When John Henry (my husband) was in the hopsital for surgery and they started to think he was getting worse during his treatment.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes, I think it fairs well for being left handed.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Black Forest Ham.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I don't know. I am not very insightful as to my personality. I like befriending people that are somewhat opposite on the personality scale. I guess I like the variety.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Yes.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Uhh no.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Thick creamy yogurt with "bare naked" brand ganola on top.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No. I usually wear shoes that do not require stings or lacing. I would rather twist yarn.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yes. I am a red-head. We develop thick skin from oh about the age of 2.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? I don't know about a flavor but goodness I cannot get enough of Braum's vanilla mix with M n M's mixed in!
14. SHOE SIZE? Let's just say huge. 9-10.
5. RED OR PINK? Pink, of course. The question is only what shade.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My nocturnal sleeping habits and my lack of compassion in some regards. Oops that is 2.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? The innocence of childhood. But I love watching the wee's innocence flourish.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? ?.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Olive green yoga pants, handknit socks and a chocolate colored shirt. I guess I was filling earthy today.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Uh, yeah the vanilla mix (see ques. 13) of course.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? More rain dripping from the roof as we have yet to purchase gutters for this little house. But rain is a welcome sound in Texas. The lack of it can be a disaster.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Burnt Sienna
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Lavender.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My closest friend Delia.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Eyes. The eyes are the window to the - you know the rest.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? Sure!
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Twinings hot tea with honey and heavy cream.
28. FAVORITE SPORT? I love playing basketball and volleyball but I hate watching them. I love watching horse competitions, dressage, side-saddle and jumping competitions.
29. EYE COLOR? Hazel. My mother's were cat green and my father's were a warm brown so it makes sense.
30. HAT SIZE? Medium? I don't know. I think a large head would be nice as it might portend a greater amount of brain mass.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No. 20 20 baby.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Tex-mex. I have had withdrawls symptoms when I lived abroad before. The addicition is intense, especially regarding cheese enchaladas.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings. I cannot watch scary movies. They really give me nightmares!
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Autumn. That isn't an option but that is my answer. Texas doesn't have much in the way of seasons. But Autumn I love for the smells, cinammon, cloves, spices, pumpkins a chance to wear all of that wool I work with, the colors.....
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Big bear hugs.
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? A dense chocolate pound cake or a carrot cake with homemade cream cheese frosting!
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Dunno.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? The person I don't send it to.
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Jane Eyre. I cannot understand why I neglected to read it for so long. But my favorite author is Joan Didion, anything Joan Didion.
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE No pad.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Frontline on PBS. Thank goodness for PBS.
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Distant thunder. Wee's breathing when he is asleep. Chickadee bird calls.
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles, which is odd because my Dad has every stones album ever recorded.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Prague or Florence. I don't know which is further.
46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? My hips are double jointed so I always sit in a funny indian style position.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Fort Worth, Texas
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Copied from Purly's blog.
By the way these socks from the Erika Knight book look so cozy right now! It must be the blue.............